Tuesday, October 24, 2006



The "what ifs" "if onlies" and "should haves"
encroach upon my peaceful existence.
Memories from the past flood my mind
with unwelcome & unwanted images.
The feelings evoked are still as strong as the first.
A mingling of conflicting emotions
fear…anger
love…disgust
loss…grief
These thoughts remind me
of my past choices mistakes regrets
and fill my mind with doubts
about the roads not taken.
I struggle to dismiss these intrusive memories
but they return to haunt my waking thoughts,
Cause me to wonder about my decisions
and make me question the present course.
What emerges from these musings--a truth
"The past is just a part of who I am in the present."
Without the past--the joys and sorrows,
the victories and losses.
I would not be where I am now or who I am today.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home